3 Ways To Get Your Business Found In Local Searches
Small businesses thrive for getting exposure. Showing up first, or at least on the first page of the search result is a big advantage. It’s preferable to get easily found especially on local searches because it improves the chance of getting your business more customers. But… having your business exist on the internet is not enough to get found in local searches.
Here are 3 ways to get your business found in local searches:
1. Get in Google My Business
It’s free! Having your business listed on Google My Business lets you get better exposure. How so? Well, of course it’s Google. If you provide them complete information about your business, it can show up on Google Search, Google Maps, Google Earth, and more! As long as it provides perfect keywords and correct and complete information, you will surely show in Local Searches. Click here to list your business on Google My Business.
To get the best of it, make sure you do these:
- Provide your business address, email, and contact number. The address that you will input will be the key to show up in local searches. So make sure to write it specifically.
- Write an exciting, professional, and appealing business description to make potential customers interested.
- Choose the perfect category. Make sure it represents your business well.
- Upload photos and videos related to your business. This will give them a heads up about what your business offers and what your business looks like.
- Post updates. Keep your Google My Business updated. If your potential customers see that you update frequently, they will think that you are active and that’s a nice start.
- If your customers are happy with your services/products, ask them for a review. Reviews are another basis for potential customers. The more positive reviews you receive, the better.
2. List Your Business in City Directories
Listing your business in City Directories will help you A LOT. It emphasizes the city you are in so typically it tells your potential customers where you are and how close you are to them. Aside from that your business will also rank well on local searches because of your listing.
To see what would be the most preferable city directory for your business, here is a list of the best city directories: https://moz.com/learn/seo/citations-by-category
3. List Your business in Industry Directories
Listing your business in industry directories is like listing your business in city directories. Different industries have different directories that best helps businesses. This will help to make your business specific and help searchers see what they want to see. Industry directories on different businesses differ on ranking so make sure to choose what’s best for your business.
To see what would be the most preferable industry directory to your business, here is a list of the best industry directories: https://moz.com/learn/seo/citations-by-city
Make sure to follow all of these, provide correct and specific information, and keep your business information updated. In no time, your business will rank up and get easily found in local searches. Keep on thriving!